Tuesday, January 20, 2009

These Changed Times

I lost interest in the US Presidency after George Bush won(?) the presidency in 2001. POTUS (President of the United States) has the opportunity to be one of the most inspiring offices in the world. The President can inspire people just by being there, being seen and heard by the public at large, including the world. What a great communicator Clinton was! I loved listening to his speeches, whatever their length. And then the baton was passed on to Bush! Oh my dear Lord! He spoke like he was was having a bad dream. In gruffs, grunts and squeaks. It ruined my interest in US politics. I never bothered about what was happening till around 2006 when I chanced upon THE best TV series that I have ever seen in my life, "The West Wing". And that changed things.

Jed Bartlet and then Matt Santos (the fictional presidents from TV series) were great communicators, leaders. The team Bartlet had assembled took pride in working for him. That was the devotion that Bartlet brought forth. Sounds familiar? Of course it does!

These are changed times. President Obama! Oh sweet Lord! There is a delightful rhythm in saying that out loud!

This blog is going to witness hectic activity from now on. Thats for sure.

No comments: